ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We provide an expert and professional service in specialty geotechnical construction, performing state of the art techniques on unique and challenging projects.
We construct drilled foundations and specialty retaining walls throughout the western United States.
We specialize in shoring, underpinning, landslide remediation, deep foundations, micropiles and permanent site retaining walls.
We are experienced in all currently specified drilling methods, and emerging state of the art techniques as well.
We offer Design Build construction service to our select clients and their unique projects delivered with a high level of professionalism and personal attention. This hands-on approach has proven a winning combination for numerous projects since our inception in 1998.
Consulting: Design professionals routinely call on us for our specialty input. Each year, this has resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars of savings for our clients. It has also enabled us to establish a repeat client list while providing an encouraging environment for employee growth.
When we are involved early in the design phase, innovations are utilized, design coordination improves, savings are assured and risks are minimized. To our valued clients, we express our gratitude for allowing us to be of service. To our future clients, we look forward to working with you. Please feel free to contact us at (253) 888-4284.
- 1974 First soil nailing in the U.S. was done in 1974 in Portland by Kulchin and Associates.
- 1990 Steve Kulchin received a U.S. patent on the permanent soil nailing wall method.
- 1998 Founded Kulchin Foundation Drilling.
- 2005 Received patent for fiberglass nailing method.
- 2009 “The Hole Book” published.
- 2011 First geo thermal foundation in US performed by Kulchin.